Whether you are building a new home or reconstructing the old one, it is necessary to choose the right roofing material. As the roof works as a barrier to withstand all kinds of weather conditions and protects you, it is important to give the extra care. When speaking about roofing materials, you will find several options but one of the durable and beneficial materials is slate. Unfortunately, it is one of the overlooked materials for roofing because people do not know about its value and capabilities completely.
Slate roofing is the material for the high-value roofs. Most of the old castles and churches made use of the slate as the major roof material. This makes them stand stronger for many years. The beauty of the slate material is that it lasts longer for many centuries when you install it properly. It helps you to insulate your space from the outside temperature. Thus, you will enjoy a higher level of home comfort and also minimizes the electric bill. Slate is completely non-conductive, which means electricity cannot be travel through this material. So, the dangers associated with electrical hazards are minimized.
Benefits of slate roofing
Slate roofing is the long-lasting roofing system accessible today. Here are the major benefits of using this roofing material.
- It gives a distinct and unique appearance to your home. As it is made of 100% natural stone, it offers a naturally cleft surface along with a beautiful color variation.
- It is extremely durable and long-lasting for many years when it is installed appropriately. When you maintain the roof with enough care, you will never believe that it lasts for 150years and even more.
- It is environmentally friendly and fireproof so that you do not have any worry about mishaps. As it is made of natural stone, it cuts off all the pollutions during manufacturing
- It can be recycled and then it can be accessed on the roof. It assists a lot in insulating the home and minimizes the energy costs of the home
Why hire the roofing contractor
Keep in mind that slates are heavy and need the experience to install correctly. This is why hiring the NSW Slate Roofing contractor is highly important. Of course, installing the slate roof is quite expensive but it is beneficial for you in many ways. When you want to grab those benefits, you need to join hands with the experts. Here are the reasons to hire a roofing contractor.
- Experienced and licensed roofing contractor knows more about the slate roof. They also suggest the right type of slate for your home. With the expensive tools and intricate techniques, they do the installation without confronting any hassles
- They also carry the insurance to give you peace of mind and not worry about damages and injuries not adding costs to your head. As they are trained and experienced, they ensure that the entire work is completed quickly and efficiently. They explain the things they are going to do beforehand and get suggestions from you.
Of course, hiring the NSW Slate Roofing contractor takes some amount from your bankroll but it is worthy.